Meeting Travel Awards
These awards give financial support to student members of the Society, to facilitate their participation at the Society's annual Spring meeting and Autumn symposium.
Student travel awards are available for the annual Spring Meeting (up to £200) and the Autumn Symposium (up to £100). They will be awarded on a first come, first-served basis. Please note the terms and conditions of the award below and forward completed application forms to the Honorary Treasurer (email@example.com).
The following rules apply to these awards:
1. Applicants must be members of the BSP at the time of application. For first year students, an application to join the BSP must be submitted before or when applying for support.
2. Each application form requires a statement of support from the student's supervisor (this includes first-year PhD students).
3. The applicant must be presenting a poster or oral presentation at the meeting. First year PhD students are exempt from this rule.
4. The financial support of the BSP should be acknowledged in any talk or poster presentation made by the student at the meeting. Council considers this to be important because this allows BSP membership to see how Society funds are being used.
5. Support is provided to PhD students and to students who have completed their studies but are currently writing up their theses. No support can be provided to postdoctoral fellows, salaried researchers or undergraduate students; nor to local PhD students who are already based at the university hosted the meeting.
6. A maximum of £200 will be provided to each applicant for each Spring Meeting and £100 for EACH Autumn Symposium.
7. A maximum of £600 will be provided to each student during the course of his or her PhD under this scheme. Students working towards a PhD on a part time basis over more than 3 years should contact the Hon. Treasurer if they wish to apply for support to attend additional meetings.
8. Applications should be made on the application form and should be sent by email to the Hon. Treasurer.
NB: Membership enquiries should be sent to the BSP secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org) and not to the Hon. Treasurer.